First of all we had a series of interviews with various of the creatives involved and giving lots of further background details on the production and our journey to create it:
- IdeasMag: Meet... Tessa Hart
- OffWestend.com: Exciting new theatre company Goblin Baby talk to Tom Wicker about challenging audience expectations with their first full-length play THE DEVIL AND STEPASHKA
- FemaleArts: Interview with Goblin Baby
- The Space:: An Interview with Goblin Baby, creators of The Devil and Stepashka
Furthermore, the production also received great reviews!
★★★★ The superstitiously secular, domestic world of Claire Booker’s The Devil and Stepashka manages to create a believable male Antigone in what ends up to be very literally one hell of a double-bind. - Exeunt Magazine on The Devil & Stepashka (June 2014)
★★★★ The production is gripping and thought-provoking from beginning to end and left the audience with something to ponder and think on. (...) [Claire] Booker’s play is very brave as well as unusual and this production is one of those hidden gems on the London Fringe.
- Remotegoat on The Devil & Stepashka (June 2014)
Inspired by Tolstoy's The Devil, Claire Booker's play explores what happens when passion crosses over into obsession and - in keeping with the company's focus on political theatre - whether justice can ever be obtained within an inherently corrupt society. (...) The Devil & Stepaskha is an intriguing new work which leaves you alarmed that such obvious madness could play out so dangerously.
- Views from the Gods on The Devil & Stepashka (June 2014)